Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Praise My Way Through!!

Today I want to Praise God!!!  God has brought my husband and I through so many trials over the years.  Why is it that although He has moved for us numerous times I have moments of doubt, or I want to question God's will.  I know He can move because He has over and over again.  So when am I going to mature enough spiritually to meet adversity with faith?  I feel so convicted for letting myself wonder.  I know God is going to move in my situation.  I choose now to praise him for what He's done and all that He's going to do!

My son, Kole, is 2 1/2.  Those of you who have children know that just saying his age explains a lot of what I go through on a daily basis, LOL.  I am teaching him to ask nicely for what he's wanting or needing in that moment.  Not demanding things but asking with a polite voice.  So when the answer is no or if its not immediately given to him his reaction is the same ...... crying and anger.  His reaction is also the same no matter how small or big his issue is.  Whether he's hungry or just wants a toy that Kylee won't give him.  Its a daily struggle for us to teach Kole that crying and getting angry all the time is not ok. 

Today I really saw the similarities between my relationship with God and Kole's relationship with me.  Sometimes I'm like a 2 year old pitching a fit because I didn't get the answer I wanted from God.  I feel like God has been speaking to my heart.  He has wanted me to listen to Him and heed His direction.  Instead of just calmly listening and obeying the Lord I cry and get angry when adversity comes my way.  I am going to change this aspect of myself and learn from my mistakes.  I am going to cry out to Lord instead of complaining.  I am going to listen when He speaks.  I am going to Praise Him through the good times and the bad.  I want to change my reactions to my circumstances.  I want to Praise my way through!!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment