Monday, March 21, 2011

James 1:22

  I've been thinking about this verse all morning: James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

How easy it is to be deceived.  When I was growing up I learned about the bible.  I remember learning about Eve and how she beleived a lie because of one word being added to a sentance.....ye shall not surley die.  When you think about it, really, its not that huge of a change.  Its simple.  One word.  That one small simple word brought sin into the world.

It only takes one small word to open the door and welcome sin back into your heart.  So often we think it has to be this huge thing to happen and bam your a sinner.  Those types of things are easy for Satan.  I mean come on its not really a challenge to convince someone that sin feels good, tastes good and looks good.  The real challenge is convincing people that they aren't wrong for doing it.  Satan speaks lies daily.  He'll say anything to get you to believe its okay.  Justifying sin is the first step into darkness.  Satan wants us to believe that what we're doing is not sin.  When the word says no, satan says yes.   

We can go to church every time the doors are open, be the sunday school teacher, sing in the choir, participate in drama ministry, and any other acitivity, outreach or service that is available and still be living a life of sin.   James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.  You may hear it but if thats where it ends your no different from the woman on the back row who just walked in and everyone knows what she's been doing.  You've just gotten good at hiding your sin, thats all.  You've gotten so good you've convinced yourself your not sinning. 

I'm speaking from my own experience.  I have worked in church since I was 15 or 16 years old.  I truly love having a part in my home church.  For several years I helped my husband  with his ministry and the whole time I had hatred in my heart because I felt I'd been wronged.  I convinced myself that it was okay because they did me wrong...  Thank God for having mercy on me.  He opened my eyes to the ugliness that sin had created of my heart.  Its so easy to get consumed with something like hatred, bitterness, envy, and strife because they aren't visible or obvious sins.

I'm not writing this today to condemn everyone to Hell or make people feel bad.  I'm writing this to condemn Satan to Hell and share with you that my eyes had to be opened.  When the light of Jesus lit up my life I was no longer in darkness.  My sin was ever present and I had to get rid of it.  I begged God to continue to have mercy on me and to purge this ugly deceptive sin from my heart.  His light filled the holes that sin had left behind and He made me whole!!!  He can do that for you too.  If your unsure about something your doing, something your thinking about doing talk to your pastor.  Seek counsel from someone who knows the word.  Read your bible and learn it for yourself.  Pray. Pray. Pray.  Ask Jesus into your heart and his light will shine down into your life and reveal the impurities of sin.....I know because He did this for me!!!

Blessings,
Kina  
        

No comments:

Post a Comment